Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Masonisms...

My child talks non-stop, I kid you not.... Sometimes it drives me insane, but very often Pat and I find ourselves in stitches at the things he says... Yes I know we are his parents and we are supposed to think everything he does is precious (sometimes, but definitely not always...), but you gotta admit, some of these are pretty funny.

"Mom, my mouth hurts (sniff, sniff). I need some candy (sniff, sniff) to make it feel better."

"Daddy the birdie pooped on mom's duck!" (translation, there was bird poop on the deck - to Mason it's always been the duck though) This was in response to a pouting Mason who got told that he'd better suck in his bottom lip or a birdie was going to poop on it. Guess it jogged his memory from when we were outside this weekend and noticed the bird poop on the deck. It took me a minute to get what he was trying to tell Pat. I guess I don't make connections quite as quickly as my two-year-old.

"Daddy, this is the Pat's Car" (referring to his pace car diecast from the movie CARS)

"Santa, the Clause", not Santa Clause. Occasionally "Christmas, the Clause" slips out too.

The character Luigi from CARS is lovingly referred to at our house as "Wuh-Ledgie" If you pronounce it Luigi, you get corrected.

And my all time favorite: Mason and I were swinging in the back yard when he asked for a drink. Not wanting to leave Mason unattended in the swing or unhook the straps and lift him down just to run inside for a minute, I called out to Pat who I thought was in the kitchen. When I got no response, I assumed he either a. didn't hear me or b. was ignoring me, so I yelled loudly, "Patrick Lynn" to get his attention. A second later when Pat still didn't appear, Mason followed suit and hollered "Patrick Gwen!!!!" Now anytime his Daddy doesn't respond quickly enough, Mason belts out in his loudest voice "Patrick Gwen Settler!" Yeah, Pat loves me for that one...

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I. LOVE. IT. How fun!! You know you think you are going to remember all of these funny things, but in time you forget them...that is why blgging is the thing to do...it "triggers" memories and helps you scrapbbok them later!!!