Sunday, January 18, 2009

Wii, bringing generations together...


Papa Jerry made his third annual trek to warmer parts south of Michigan and this year brought his Wii with him for all to enjoy. Bowling seemed to be the favorite, followed closely by golf. I'm told that there was a boxing challenge thrown down but one party was to chicken too accept (you can guess who said "bok-bok").

As I was reading one night in the bedroom, I heard the sound of a kitchen chair scraping across the floor. Pretty soon Pat called me the the living room to "come see".


Here is what I saw when I peeked around the corner....



Papa Jerry, Pat and Mason were bowling away, complete with a grunt from each boy with every fling of the arm. Eventually Mason realized that he was the only one without a white controller, so after some quick thinking by his dad, Mason was awarded a soft, white pocket kleenex "controller" (Anybody else see that Southwest Airlines "Wanna Get Away?" commercial in their mind's eye where the guy actually pitches the controller into the nice, expensive plasma screen TV??). He was happy as a lark, bowling with the big boys.
Don't stay away so long this year Papa Jerry... We all (kitties included) miss you very much!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

That is a lot of Settler boys in one house. Are you doing ok??? Am I going to have to come down to "even out" the estrogen??? I really need to have some girl time...talk, new makeup...